Stop Procrastinating, Start Succeeding
Simple, practical techniques to deal with the 7 main causes of procrastination
What stops you doing things you know you need to do – even things that you really want to do, that would take you to a better place in life?
Is it fear? Helplessness? Rebellion?
Do you just not care enough? Do you want the product but dread the process? Do you not know where to start?
Or are you a perfectionist?
Deal with the causes of procrastination
If you’re trying to deal with the symptoms of procrastination – missed deadlines, analysis paralysis, lost opportunities and disappointment all around - but you aren’t dealing with the causes, you have a hard road ahead of you.
How do I know? I’ve been there. Read my story on the next page.
I’m Mike Reeves-McMillan, hypnotherapist and personal development coach. I’ve struggled for years to overcome procrastination. I’ve been good at starting projects, but not so great at finishing them. My hard drives and notebooks were littered with grand plans that came to nothing.
But in the past few years, I’ve started to:
- gain new qualifications so I can do what I really want to do
- complete and publish books and online courses, and
- build up a business and a practice.
I’m much happier now that I finish things. So one of the things I’ve finished is a course for other people who also struggle to do what they want to do.
Find out more about the Stop Procrastinating, Start Succeeding course on the next page.
My Stop Procrastinating, Start Succeeding course addresses the causes of procrastination and replaces them with positive, active, practical and effective alternatives.
What you get
The course consists of:
- A 23,000-word ebook (it starts with a self-test so that you can focus on just the parts that are most relevant to you);
- 12 professional hypnotherapy tracks and 7 audio talkthroughs that supplement the material in the ebook;
- A series of emails to take you step-by-step through just the material you need (removing the overwhelm).
“The only course on procrastination that you will ever need” – life coach Vlad Dolezal
or learn more about what’s in the ebook on the next page.
Take Action Immediately
I want you to be able to take action with this course straight away, so there’s not a lot of waffling about. (If you’re looking for fluff, check the lint trap on your clothes dryer.)
My style of writing goes straight to the point and is practical and implementation-focused. You won’t get a whole lot of theory and some vague encouragement, as you do in so many “personal development” products. You won’t hear “Just do it” or “Break down the task” or the other obvious advice that you may have got in other procrastination courses. (Actually I do tell you to break down the task, but I also tell you how.)
There are more than 50 techniques in total here. And every one is practical and explained step-by-step.
The Stop Procrastinating, Start Succeeding course is built around an ebook, more than 23,000 carefully chosen words. It begins with a self-check to help you focus in on the aspects that you most need to work on (because you don’t want to read all 23,000 words to get to what’s important to you), then takes you through how to build 7 positive alternatives to procrastination:
- The Paramount Pictures Technique for crushing fear like a beer can, so you’re no longer paralyzed and overwhelmed
- How to build your courage muscles, so you can take on bigger and bigger challenges without feeling any more fear
- The Inner Clydesdale Insight into why you think you’re not resourceful (and why you’re mistaken)
- Collapsing the Stacks: how to stack up the evidence that you are resourceful, so that you can take confident action
- Seven key resources for becoming more effective in everything you do
- How to recruit your Inner Critics to help instead of hinder, so you have all their energy and insight to draw on
- How to form an alliance with yourself (the Japanese soldier story) so that you can be wholehearted about your goals and stop dithering
- 7 steps to de-sabotage yourself, so you can do the things you know will help you
- How to be a rebel without applause, for when rebellion against good advice seems like a good idea (but isn’t)
- How to become skilled at perseverance (the Clarissa Pinkola Estes mindset) so you can stick to your plan
- Why motivating yourself with rewards can backfire, and how to do it instead
- The Mary Poppins Strategy for making the process fun so that it’s no longer offputting
- Two-level goals, and how they can help you to succeed in doing the right things and tame your to-do list
- Better living through time travel: the Marty McFly guide to fixing the past and improving the future
- How to use the Cable to the Future technique to draw yourself inevitably towards success
- How to get motivation for any change
- Why ambivalence is a good thing, and how to resolve it in favour of change
- How to come out of a trance (that keeps you doing the same unsuccessful things over and over)
- The Dinosaur Comics Win, and how to achieve it (shrink the obstacles down until they’re tiny and insignificant)
- 12 tips for To-Do lists to make them actually work for you (including the To Not Do List, Pass the Parcel, and how to keep time in a box)
- 5 techniques for going confidently in the direction of your dreams (the Huck and Tom Technique, Desert Island Everything, the Perfect Day, the Awesome List, and the Wise Advisor)
- How to turn mountains into sand dunes – and the impossible into the achievable
- How to digest your goals down into tasks you can actually do with the Goal Gut Game
- 10 ways to create a positive habit that supports your highest goals
- How to be perfectly OK with imperfection so you can start to get things achieved
Supplementing the ebook is a series of emails to talk you through the process, one simple step at a time (I don’t just dump the material on you and leave you to it). At the end of each chapter is an Action Now section which gives you something to do immediately to apply what you’ve just read.
And supporting the text are 19 audio tracks to talk you through the exercises.
or learn more about what’s in the audio tracks on the next page.
The audio tracks
Each section of the Stop Procrastinating, Start Succeeding ebook is accompanied by bonus audio downloads in MP3 format. There are a dozen full-on hypnotherapy tracks to reinforce the mindset shifts you need:
- The Fast Fear Fixer to overcome even long-standing fears
- The John Malkovich Confidence Booster: How to get inside the head of the most confident person you can imagine
- The Bubble of Safety, where you can let go of what you no longer need
- The Trauma Trasher, a quick and effective technique to get rid of the emotional charge of past events
- Bad Habits Begone, to clear away those things that are holding you back
- Good Habits Activate, to build the daily practices that will make you successful
- Effectiveness Enhancing, to shift your mindset and remind you of your ability to achieve
- How to Hold a Parts Conference and Invite Your Stranded Soldier, to overcome resistance and self-sabotage
- Energy to Act Now, to replace procrastination with action
- Dissolving Resistance, to get away from feeling “stuck”
- The Wise Advisor, to help you clarify your dreams and goals
- Be Kind To Yourself, to repair your damaged self-image
(Hypnotherapy, by the way, isn’t spooky or dangerous, no matter what Hollywood has told you. It’s a powerful, relaxing technique to take more control of your own mind and the processes that go on in it, to pursue your goals and dreams effectively and enjoyably.)
As well, there are 7 “talkthroughs” of processes I describe in the ebook text (so you can relax and follow my verbal instructions rather than trying to read and do at the same time):
- The Paramount Pictures Technique (crush fear like a beer can)
- Collapsing the Stacks (regain a sense of resourcefulness)
- Fixing the Past (free yourself from regret for past mistakes)
- Cable to the Future (draw yourself towards your desired outcome)
- The Motivational Time Tour (create your best future)
- The Dinosaur Comics Win (shrink your resistance)
- Mountains Into Sand-Dunes (make the impossible achievable)
All up, that’s over two and a half hours of audio, included in the price. (The longest individual track, though, is just over 14 minutes, and more than half are under 10 minutes. Not a big time commitment!)
Not a Big Time Commitment
I’ll repeat that, because it’s important. If you procrastinate partly because you’re so busy, I’ve got you covered.
The self-check at the start focuses you in on the most important chapters in the ebook, and they’re keyed to those short audio tracks that take just a few minutes each to listen to.
And the emails remind you of what to do each day (I keep it brief and simple).
Still not sure? Read on.
But what if…?
“But,” you might say, “I’m a procrastinator. What if I don’t ever get round to using the techniques in this course?”
I make it easy for you to succeed
Naturally, if you don’t take action, you’ll not benefit from this or any other course. But this course is all about helping you take action – and making it easier for you to do so.
That’s why you get:
- Short, punchy chapters
- Simple, engaging techniques
- Audio talkthroughs
- Encouraging emails
And by the way – you’re not a procrastinator. You’re a person who sometimes puts things off. You can build a habit of taking action by addressing the reasons you procrastinate.
But that sounds like a lot of work…
“Bite-size” is the word here. I’ve broken down the course into bite-size portions. Sure, the ebook contains 23,000 words and there’s two and a half hours of audio, but you don’t have to wade through all that. The quick self-test at the very beginning shows you what to focus on, so you don’t waste your time on anything irrelevant.
OK, Mike, I’m ready to take action!
I agree that I need to do something to resolve my procrastination situation and take action towards fulfilling my dreams.
I understand that when I click the button below, I’ll be buying electronic downloads of an ebook and 19 bonus audio tracks that can help me do that by putting the techniques they contain into practice.
I understand that the price is $47 USD, and that if I pay in another currency, my currency will be converted automatically.
I understand that if it’s not what I expected, I can ask for a refund at any time within 60 days and you will provide that without question.
I understand that I’ll get a series of emails to take me through the course at a gentle pace that still has me taking action. (I understand that you won’t sell, rent, or otherwise pass on my email address to anyone else.)
And I understand that I’ll also receive other advice, techniques and resources from you to help me with personal development.
My next small step is to get the Stop Procrastinating, Start Succeeding course and put it into action, one small step at a time.
I’m going to click the button right now and do that.